Pet Food Association of Canada – Martha ‘Marty’ Wilder Honourary Scholarship
The Pet Food Association of Canada (PFAC) is pleased to offer the Pet Food Association of Canada Martha ‘Marty’Wilder Honourary Scholarship to university graduate students pursuing studies in a field that can be applied to any aspect of the pet food industry.
This is awarded annually to one recipient in the amount of $5000 CAD.
Please check out the other tabs for more information on how to apply.
PFAC is the national industry association that represents pet food manufacturers and suppliers to the industry that does business in Canada. PFAC members are responsible for the majority of pet food sales in Canada, and over $1 billion in exports to over 90 countries around the world. This scholarship is made possible through funding by PFAC member companies. The scholarship is offered with the hope that more students will pursue an interest in the pet food industry as a great option for an interesting, dynamic, and challenging career.
The scholarship’s namesake, Martha ‘Marty’ Wilder, was Executive Director for PFAC for over 24 years, and contributed significantly to the growth and success of the pet food industry in Canada, and globally. The scholarship is named in her honour, as a recognition of the positive impact that she had on Canadian pet food.
Criteria for Submission
1. Graduate student, studying in Canada
2. Studying and/or performing research in a field or area that can be applied to the pet food industry
3. Canadian citizen or permanent resident
4. Able to attend a PFAC event or meeting to present your work (flexibility exists)
5. Completed application form and completed application process steps
1. Demonstrate that you meet the criteria in a cover letter
2. The application period is now closed.
3. Submit application form, cover letter, and include a reference letter from your academic advisor
4. Copy of official transcript of completed graduate level courses
The application process is now closed. Thank you to all those who applied for the scholarship. We will review all applications and will be contacting every applicant individually. Please check back here in February 2024 for next year’s award.
The application process is now closed.
Thank you to all those who applied for the scholarship.
We will review all applications and will be contacting every applicant individually.
Please check back here in February 2024 for next year’s award.